Up to this point of the Transform Your PhysIQ Challenge we’ve touched on a number of things important for successful weight loss. Here’s a recap of the topics in case you’ve missed any.
- Set Yourself Up for Success: Learn the pitfalls of weight loss, what you can do to avoid them and how to go about getting yourself mentally ready for your weight loss journey.
- Healthy Eating & Easy Reading: Weight loss is all about calorie control. Find out why it might be better to ditch the extra calories by eating less versus moving more. Also, learn how to decode nutrition labels; something that will help you to identify foods with empty calories.
- So Many Choices: Finding a diet (we like to call it an eating style) that you can stick to long-term can be a challenge; we recommend checking out the Mediterranean Diet. Also, get up to speed on the predicted food trends of 2017.
- Find Your Stride: To have the greatest success with weight loss, exercise is a must. Get some exercise inspiration as well as workout ideas for those days you just can’t make it to the gym.
- Hungry for Results: Managing your hunger is a big part of weight loss. Learn some tips on how to keep yourself in check when the hunger sets in.
This week we are talking PROTEIN. Why? Because it is a vital part of a successful weight loss plan. Not only does protein help keep you feeling full for longer, but it also helps to ensure that you don’t lose your muscles during the weight loss process.
Key things to remember when it comes to your protein intake:
- Get protein from a variety of sources (e.g., seafood, poultry, beef, beans, nuts, milk, cheese, yogurt, and eggs)
- Try to include protein in every meal and snack
- Evenly disperse your protein intake throughout the day (this goes along with the tip above)
On that note, here are some ideas of how to add more protein to your breakfast and snacks.